IKEA Opens in Denver: Where, When, and Opening Giveaways
IKEA in Denver, Colorado opens July 27, 2011 at 9:00 AM and it promises to be a big deal. IKEA plans thousands of dollars in giveaways and will be having a kickoff ceremony featuring Governor John Hickenlooper, Centennial Mayor Cathy Noon, and IKEA U.S. president Mike Ward. The store will allow customers to start lining up at 9 AM on Monday the 25th (a full 48-hours before the store opens). Why would people want to do that? Customers can win a variety of prizes, including a sofa for the first 38 adults in line and an armchair for the next 100 adult visitors.
Other Opening Day Giveaways:
- The first 2,500 adults will receive a random IKEA gift cards ranging from $10 – $250 or a “Buy One, Get One Free” food voucher.
- The first 100 children (under 18) in line will receive a free FAMNIG heart-shaped soft toy.
- Visitors bringing proof that July 27th is their birthday (the same as the store’s) will receive a gift card in the amount of $52.80 – Denver’s elevation.
More Giveaways for Later Days:
- The first 38 adults to visit the store on Thursday, July 28, will receive a free queen-sized mattress. The next 100 adults will receive free home delivery for their purchases on that day.
- July 27 through July 31, 2011, visitors can enter a drawing to win one of 10 $1,000 IKEA gift cards.
- A free breakfast will be given to all customers who visit prior to 11 AM Friday, July 29.
The Denver store is 415,000 square feet and is the second largest IKEA in the United States. In case you haven’t been south of Denver and missed seeing the massive store, it’s located on 13.5 acres along the west side of I-25, just north of Park Meadows. It is accessible via the County Line Road exit. Map It
Huge crowds are expected, including customers from neighboring states, due to the fact the two closest IKEA stores are in Utah and Arizona. * If you live near the store, expect traffic delays for several days after the opening.
blog comments powered by Disqus